The STORIES project is launching the enhanced and updated version of the STORIES story-telling platform that also enables students to desing, build an... read more
Arrival day is always a Sunday
Participants’ rooms will be available from 14:00 EET, however you are welcome to arrive and check in to the hotel all day. The Summer school staff will be on site from 14:00 EET and open the registration for all courses. If you know that you are arriving early in the morning or late in the evening please let us know so that we can do our best to make sure that you have access to your room when you arrive at the hotel. There is a common session for all participants at 18:00 EET in the main conference room. After that dinner is served from 20:00 EET on.
Departure day is always a Friday
Participants must check-out of their rooms by 12:00 EET. If you are departing later in the day there will be space to store their luggage in the college. Before you leave your rooms, check thoroughly that they have not left anything behind.
If you have any questions regarding the accommodation or if you wish to come or leave earlier, please contact the travel agency we are working with. They will be able to inform you about the availability to come earlier or stay longer at the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact GNTours at email@example.com, or by telephone on +30 2109574001.
You can reach the Golden Coast Hotel & Bungalows from the Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos by
- The Summer School bus. Two times each on Sunday and Friday a chartered bus will bring participants from the airport to the venue. The exact times of the schedule will be published shortly before the start of the summer school; in the busses left on 14:00 EET and on 16/16:30 EET – but this is just an indication!
- Taxi. The trip takes about 35 minutes and the price is approximately 50 EUR (depending on extra charges such as night shift, etc.).
- Public suburban bus. Public orange buses (KTEL) depart from SOFITEL HOTEL in the AIRPORT direction to Rafina, from where you will need to another bus direction to Marathon (or take a taxi).
Airport to Rafina
Rafina to Marathon
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are offered in a seated buffet in a reserved area for the Go-Lab Summer School that you will be shown upon arrival (for lunches and dinners). In case you miss the opening hours, then one of the hotel’s restaurant/tavern can offer a selection of dishes (according to the all-inclusive policy of the hotel).
The “All-Inclusive” status begins at midday of your arrival and ends at midday of your departure. The “All-Inclusive” bracelet is compulsory and should be worn/displayed at all times. Ordering alcohol, as well as consumption, is strictly for adults only (over 18 yrs). Any food, drink or services are strictly for your own personal consumption. More information can be found here.
Up-to-date weather reports can be found by visiting AccuWeather. Please note that July in Greece can be VERY hot, and you should dress accordingly. Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunglasses, and sun cream. Additionally, bring a mosquito repellent in case you are sensitive to mosquito bites. It is advised to bring a light jacket or cardigan due to sea breeze at night long trousers and sneakers or loafers for safe sightseeing and walking outdoors.
The hotel's beach (Marathon Bay) is sandy, easy to walk on and friendly for children. The waters are sparkling clear and pleasantly refreshing. There are also a variety of swimming pools and places to relax in the hotel premises.
- The village of Marathon is about 30 min walking distance from the hotel.
- The village of Nea Makri is about 25 min walking distance from the hotel.